Runic Attacks can result in increased levels of physical damage, elemental damage, and/or stun attached to each attack. There are different attack types such as area attacks, line attacks, and melee attacks. Runic Attacks are limited by cooldowns.
The Leviathan is a two-handed war axe that is Kratos' main offensive weapon in God of War. The axe channels the frost element.
Light Runic AttacksEdit
- Njörd’s Tempest: A rapidly spinning melee attack that clears out surrounding enemies and deals significant damage.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in Alfheim Region, also bought at shop for 30,000 Hacksilver and 20 Aegir’s Gold
- Fury of the Ice Troll: A quick radial shockwave attack that slows enemies and sends them flying back.
- Location: Found in a chest in Völunder Mines only accessible during / after Brok’s Favor “Second Hand Soul”.
- Tyr’s Revenge: A powerful spinning attack against a single target, with a follow-up attack that slams the enemy to the ground.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in The Mountain
- Leviathan’s Wake: A powerful axe throw that plows through any enemies on its path.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in Veithurgard.
- Charge of the White Bear: A quick, propulsive dash attack with a follow-up strike. Kratos is protected during the dash.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in the Foothills Region.
- Wrath of the Frost Ancient: A powerful ice beam that slows all enemies on contact.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in Fafnir's Storeroom
- Strike of the Utgard: A wide-arcing attack that inflicts a moderate amount of Frost damage.
- Location: Found in Legendary Chest in Alfheim Region.
- Hel’s Touch: An extremely quick burst of energy that interrupts and knocks back all nearby enemies.
- Location: The very first Runic Attack you will unlock (unmissable), from the first mandatory Legendary Chest.
Heavy Runic AttacksEdit
- Thiazi’s Talon – A propulsive slice attack that launches a small, vertical wave that inflicts medium Frost damage.
- Ivaldi’s Anvil – A devastating area-of-effect attack that freezes all enemies caught in the blast radius.
- Mists of Helheim - A lingering area-of-effect attack that creates a small hazard that inflicts FROST damage to all enemies inside.
- Frost Giant’s Frenzy - 3 powerful slam attacks that launch enemies and then sends them flying.
- Blessings of the Frost – Activate to temporarily power up the Leviathan Axe with small explosions of Frost damage on every hit and slight bonus to Runic and normal attacks.
- The River of Knives – A destructive attack that sends out a line of ice shards that inflict Frost damage and launch enemies into the air upon contact.
- Glaive Storm –Throw the Leviathan Axe towards any nearby targets, automatically seeking out, hitting, and inflicting Frost damage to any enemies caught in its path.
- Breath of Thamur – A massive area-of-effect attack that deals damage to all enemies within an extremely large area.
The Blades of Chaos are blades imbued with the power of the Underworld, a relic from Kratos' past. The blades channel the burn element.
Light Runic AttacksEdit
- Cyclone of Chaos – A circling sweep attack that clears out all nearby enemies.
- Nemean Crush – A massive shockwave attack that sends all enemies flying back.
- Rampage of the Furies – A robust flurry attack that ends in a powerful slam.
- Rage of the Titans - A rapid blade attack that ends in a devastating swipe that launches enemies into the air.
- Icarus Storm – A spinning attack that hits all enemies along its path.
- Wrath of Artemis – A slash attack that protects Kratos by pushing away all nearby enemies.
- Blast of Hephaestus - A quick, fiery blast of energy that inflicts a small amount of BURN damage.
- Spartan Charge – A dash attack that slams enemies with a fiery shield and inflicts a small amount of BURN damage.
Heavy Runic AttacksEdit
- Tartarus Rage – A destructive slam attack that hits enemies with 2 Blade slams.
- Fire of Ares -- A powerful runic attack that lets out one (or three if upgraded) fire shockwaves that deal heavy BURN damage.
- Prometheus Flame - A deadly slam attack that creates a small tear under up to 4 enemies before summoning a large pillar of flame beneath them.
- Hyperion Slam – A massive slam attack that causes a destructive explosion
- Hyperion Grapple – Tosses the Blades of Chaos towards an enemy and on contact, launches Kratos towards them to inflict a large amount of STUN damage.
- Meteoric Slam – A powerful slam attack that rains down fire in a wide arc, inflicting heavy BURN damage.
- Gift of Apollo - Temporarily enhance the Blades of Chaos so that every hit gives Kratos a small amount of Health.
A hunting bow crafted for Atreus by his mother. The bow is capable of summoning various spectral animals that assist Kratos in combat.
- Wrath of the Wolf – Invokes a spectral wolf that pounces on enemies 3 times to inflict damage and dizziness. Upgrade the rune to summon two more wolves.
- Falcon’s Dive – Summons a cast of spectral falcons that dive into the enemy to cause magical damage and stunning. Improve the invocation to release two more falcons.
- Bitter Squirrel – Summons a spectral squirrel, Ratatöskr, to unearth consumables. You get "Healthstones" if Atreus has equipped the Light Arrows and "Ragestones" if he has Shock Arrows equipped. Improve the invocation to gain more consumables.
- Boar Stampede – Summons a stampede of spectral boars that trample enemies in their path. Upgrade the rune to summon up to two additional boars.
- Murder of Crows – Summons a murder of crows that swarms enemies. You can considerably extend the duration and summon a total of 12 crows by improving the summon.
- Storm of the Elks — Summons a spectral elk that discharges destructive energy as it walks. By improving the invocation, you will extend the duration and range of the summon.
- The Heavy Runic Attack "Fire of Ares" for the Blades of Chaos are based on the Fire of Ares magic from God of War: Ascension.
- In the E3 Trailer, the Runic attack Ivaldi's Anvil is shown when the Troll attacks Kratos.