Odysseus was the king of Ithaca, and one major character of Homer's epic poem the Odyssey. Odysseus also plays a key role in Homer's Iliad and other works in the Epic Cycle. He is available as a playable character in the multiplayer mode in God of War: Ascension.
Husband of Penelope, father of Telemachus, and son of Laërtes and Anticlea, Odysseus is renowned for his guile and resourcefulness, and is hence known by the epithet Odysseus the Cunning (mētis, or "cunning intelligence"). He is most famous for the ten eventful years he took to return home after the ten-year Trojan War and his famous Trojan Horse trick. Along the way, Odysseus and his men have to fight monsters and many other dangers. The main events (places he goes, creatures and people he meets) of Odysseus' journey are: the Kikones, the Lotus Eaters, the cyclops Polyphemus, Aeolus; King of the winds, the Laestrygonians, the sorceress; Circe, the Underworld, the Sirens, the sea monsters; Scylla and Charybdis, Helios' cattle, the nymph; Calypso, and the Phaeacians.
God of War: Ascension
|“||This plume of armor stands testament to the leadership and strategy of the legendary king of Ithaca.||”|
–In game description
His armor sports a helmet that covers most of his face, a large plume that tops the helmet, a spiked chest piece, two metal braces, and a shoulder guard. The main color of the armor is green with golden parts.
- Rank 1 - +1 Health; +4% Physical Power
- Rank 2 - +2 Health; +5% Physical Power
- Rank 3 - +3 Health; +6% Physical Power
- Rank 1 - n/a
- Rank 2 - 3,500 XP
- Rank 3 - 12,000 XP
- Many of the obstacles that Odysseus endured have been encountered by Kratos over the series like Sirens and Scylla, and Polyphemus will be featured in Multiplayer mode.
- In the original myth, Odysseus lived as a castaway for seven years in Circe's island, Aeaea, and the latter is featured in the Rise of the Warrior webseries.