Mani is the personification of the moon in Norse mythology.
In the God of War Series
Mimir mentioned that he and his sister, Sol, became mutinous and refused to move in the sky. Odin hurled Sköll and Hati using his powerful magic to force the sibling gods to move around the sky, lest the wolves would devour them whole.
Powers & Abilities
Being the personification of the Moon itself, Mani is extremely powerful and probably possesses abilities that reflect this. It's possible that his powers mirror that of the Greek goddess Selene.
- Superhuman Strength: As a god Mani must have tremendous superhuman strength, however it's unknown if he’s at the same level as Aesir Gods like Odin, Thor, Týr, and Baldur but it's certain that he's weaker than his chaser Hati as the latter proved to pose enough threat for him to run for his life.
- Photokinesis: Being the personification of the moon it's presumed that Mani is capable of manipulating the moonlight according to his will.
- Immortality: Typical of a god, he's immortal and have lived for millenia up until Hati eventually able to reach and devour him in the beginning of Ragnarök.
- His Greek equivalent is Selene, both are the personifications of the moon itself.
- It can be assumed from Mimir's tale that Mani holds no loyalty to the Raven King, Odin.