Jötnar Shrines are wooden triptychs built by the Jötnar depicting the stories and prophecies of many notable Giants. These Shrines were left in different places, sometimes related to their story, throughout most of the Nine Realms.
List of Shrines
- Sköll and Hati's Shrine
- Hrungnir's Shrine
- Jörmungandr's Shrine
- Skaði's Shrine
- Gróa's Shrine
- Ymir's Shrine
- Thamur's Shrine
- Thrym's Shrine
- Týr's Shrine
- Surtr's Shrine
- Bergelmir's Shrine
- Starkaðr's Shrine
Note: Rune Translations are done by fans and are subject to error, as well as the developers' use of the runes.
The left side of the triptych shows Jörmungandr's mother, Angrboða, breastfeeding the young serpent in the Ironwood, alongside the Iron-Wolves. The panel also mentions that Loki is his father, and that Fenrir, Hel, and the Iron-Wolves are his siblings.
- ᚨᛝᚱᛒᛟᚦᚨ - Angrboða.
- ᛃᛟᚱᛗᚢᚾᚷᚨᚾᛞᚱ ᛗᛁᚦᚷᚨᚱᛞᛊᛟᚱᛗᚱ - Jörmungandr, Serpent of Midgard. (Jörmungandr Miðgardsormr)
- ᚨᚱᚾᚹᛁᚦᚱ - Ironwood. (Járnviðr)
- ᛊᛟᚾᚱ ᛚᛟᚲᚨ ᛟᚲ ᚨᛝᚱᛒᛟᚦᚢ · ᛒᚱᛟᚦᚢᚱ ᚠᛖᚾᛁᛊ ᚺᛖᛚᛃᚨᚱ ᛟᚲ ᛃᚨᚱᚾᚹᚨᚱᚷᚨ - Son of Loki and Angrboða. Brother of Fenrir, Hel, and the Iron-Wolves. (Sonr Loka ok Angrboðu · Broður Fenris Heljar ok Járnvarga)
The center triptych shows Jörmungandr encircling the Lake of Nine and Týr's Temple.
- ᛚᛁᚲᚾ - Mercy. (Líkn)
- ᛊᚨᚾᚾᚱ - Truth. (Sannr)
- ᚠᚱᛁᚦᚱ ᛟᚲ ᛖᛁᚾᛁᛝ - Peace and unity. (Friðr ok eining)
- ᚺᛟᚠ ᛏᛁᛊ - Týr's Temple. (Hof Týs)
- ᛗᛁᚦᚷᚨᚱᛞᛊᛟᚱᛗᚱ ᚲᛖᛏᛁᛚᛊ - The Serpent of Midgard's kettle. (Miðgardsormr ketils)
- ᚢᛗᛚᛁᚦᛁᛏ ᛖᚱ ᛟᚱᛚᛟᚷ - Fate has been arranged. (Umliðit er ørlög)
- ᛟᚱᛚᛟᚷ ᚱᚨᚷᚾᚨᚱᛟᚲᚲᛊ - Fate of Ragnarök. (Ørlög Ragnarökks)
- ᚦᛟᚱ - Thor.
- Despite not being a Giant and a member of the Aesir, Týr still received a Shrine in his honour for his great friendship and alliance with the Jötunn-kind.
- At seeing Týr's Shrine, Mimir wondered if the Jötnar too made a Shrine about him, as Týr and him were the only Gods the Jötnar gifted their special sight to.