In Norse mythology, Göndul (Old Norse "wand-wielder") is a valkyrie. Göndul is attested in Heimskringla, Sörla þáttr, and a 14th-century Norwegian charm. In addition, Göndul appears within the valkyrie list in the Poetic Edda poem Völuspá, in both of the two Nafnaþulur lists found in the Prose Edda, and among the valkyries listed in Darraðarljóð.
- In legend, Gondul was considered the most beautiful of the Valkyries. Known of her silver tongue, sharp wit and struck a figure so stunning it would literally drive men insane. Thus, Odin forbid her from entering Midgard after a time, for insanity is not a welcome trait in Valhalla. Said by Mimir.
- Unlike other Valkyries, Gondul can be encountered without requiring Mimir's help, thus should you managed to brave the Trials of Muspelheim early on and fight her, Kratos and Atreus will have a different dialogue with them not knowing who she is.
- Since Muspelheim cipher can be completed before the Stone Mason quest, this also makes Gondul the earliest accessible Valkyrie in the game.
- Defeating Gondul is necessary to upgrade the Blades of Chaos to its maximum level in the 2018 game. The Raging Fire of Muspelheim, the material needed for a Chaos Flame in the Dwarven Shop, is her exclusive loot.
- Gondul's armour design is based on a vulture.
- ↑ The Art of God of War