God of War Ragnarök is the upcoming sequel to God of War (2018). Although originally showed for a release in 2021, on May 3, 2021, Santa Monica announced it had been delayed to 2022 presumably due to the pandemic.
Although exact details are unknown, the game will pick up approximately three years after the events of God of War due to Fimbulwinter, which saw the beginning of Ragnarök with the death of Magni, Modi and Baldur, with both Freya and Thor seeking revenge against Kratos and Atreus.
- Kratos: The main protagonist of the God of War Series.
- Atreus: Kratos' son from his second marriage.
- Mimir: The smartest man of all realms.
- Thor: The father of Magni and Modi and son of Odin.
- Freya: The mother of Baldur and former wife of Odin.
- Odin: The King of Asgard and father of Thor.
- Angrboða: One of the last non-Fire Jötnar and wife of Loki.
- Týr: The Norse God of War and son of Odin.
- Brok: Member of the Huldra brothers who forged the Leviathan Axe.
- Sindri: Member of the Huldra brothers who forged the Leviathan Axe.
- Durlin: The second dwarf created after the first and foremost dwarf Mótsognir.
- Draugr: The most common enemy found in the Norse Realms. Draugrs are reanimated corpses that haunt battlefields. Many varieties of Draugr exist, some with magical abilities and others with different weapons and equipment such as shields. They are found commonly throughout Midgard.
- Hel-Walker: Humanoid foes with a blue and white coloration, they populate the realm of Helheim and come in different classes. They are mostly all resistant to the Leviathan Axe's attacks, requiring either fists or the Blades of Chaos to put down.
- Troll: Norse monsters are giant creatures with a set of giant tusks on the edge of their faces and they carry massive pillars as weapons. Some trolls utilize different elemental and area-of-effect attacks.
- Leviathan Axe: Kratos's primary weapon is a one-handed battle axe with frost magic properties. Leviathan can be immediately recalled by Kratos after being thrown. The axe originally belonged to Faye, a Jötnar and the wife of Kratos and mother of Atreus. The brothers Sindri and Brok crafted the axe long ago.
- Kratos' Fists: Kratos uses his fists in unarmed combat and can perform multiple hit combos.
- Talon Bow: Atreus' primary weapon is a magical bow and arrows. The bow has the ability to summon spectral animals to perform attacks and assist Kratos in combat.
- Guardian Shield: Kratos has a gauntlet that transforms into a circular shield for parrying blows and wide-ranged attacks. The shield can be used to block attacks, projectiles, and a well-timed block can parry enemies' attacks. The shield can be upgraded to perform powerful slams and area-of-effect attacks.
- Blades of Chaos: Kratos' most vile weapons since his time in the world of Greece, twin chained-blades that possess fire magic properties. Originally given to him by Ares after pledging his loyalty to the God of War and stayed with him even after killing his former master, they can never leave Kratos no matter how much he tries to get rid of them.
Principal voice actors
- Christopher Judge - Kratos
- Sunny Suljic - Atreus
- Alastair Duncan - Mimir
- Danielle Bisutti - Freya
- Robert Craighead - Brok
- Adam Harrington - Sindri
- Richard Schiff - Odin
- Ryan Hurst - Thor
- Ben Prendergast - Týr
- Laya de Leon Hayes - Angrboða
- Usman Ally - Durlin
- Shelby Young - Skuld
- AJ LoCascio - Skjöld
- Morla Gorrondona - Beyla
- Erica Lindbeck - Hrist
- SungWon Cho - Ratatoskr
- Evanne Friedmann - Gná
- Kate Miller - Urðr
- Anna Brisbin - Einherjar
- Aaron Philips - Einherjar
- Laura Stahl - Einherjar
- Aleks Le - The Mystic
- Mark Whitten - Mystic Assassin
- Chris Tergliafera - Berserker Ox enemies
- Connor Fogarty - Berserker Ox enemies
- Kellen Goff - Berserker Stag enemies
- Yong Yea - Berserker Stag enemies
- Michael Schwalde - Ljósálfar / Light Elf Warriors, Nidavellir Dwarves, Father's Ghost
- Lani Minella - Light One, Raven Keeper, Garden Spirit
- Darin De Paul
- Sara Cravens
- Laura Post
- Erin Yvette
- Sarah Elmaleh