|“||Unleash your fury and stun surrounding enemies with Ares' Fire.||”|
The Fire of Ares is a elemental power in God of War: Ascension.
God of War: Ascension
The Fire of Ares is obtained early on in Kratos' quest. The Spartan comes across a large wall with a group of soldiers fighting etched into the stone, a carving of the God of War, Ares, lies in the middle of the wall and acts as a door. A pot of blazing fire stands in front of the carving of the god and Kratos plunges his blades into the flames, he absorbs their power and the pot cracks. The Ghost of Sparta gains the elemental ability of fire that he can use to incinerate his enemies.
In appearance, the fire is similar to Thera's Bane but the fire is slightly less bright and much weaker, possibly having an equal magnitude to the flames emitted by the Blades of Exile. The original Blades of Chaos from God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War emitted more flames although did not give the extra damage boost that the Fire of Ares boast. The Fire of Ares yields Gold Orbs.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 1,000 Orbs
- Level 3 - 3,000 Orbs
- Rage of Ares - R3 + L3
- Destruction of Ares - R2
- Cyclone of Fire - L1 + Square
- Cyclone of Fire (Air) - L1 + Square (Air)
- Inferno Slam - L1 + Triangle
- Inferno Slam (Air) - L1 + Triangle (Air)
- The Fire of Ares is the only elemental power in God of War: Ascension that only have 3 levels of power. The remaining ones all have 5 stages of power.