|“||For those who seek the truth, the heat of Ares' Fire has no burn.||”|
The Fire of Ares is an elemental power in God of War: Ascension.
God of War: Ascension
|“||Unleash your fury and stun surrounding enemies with Ares' Fire.||”|
The Fire of Ares is obtained early on in Kratos' quest. The Spartan comes across a large wall with a group of soldiers fighting etched into the stone. A carving of the God of War, Ares, lies in the middle of the wall and acts as a door. A pot of blazing fire stands in front of the carving of the god and Kratos plunges his blades into the flames, absorbing their power and making the pot crack. The Ghost of Sparta gains the elemental ability of fire that he can use to incinerate his enemies.
In appearance, the fire is similar to Thera's Bane but it's slightly less bright and much weaker, possibly having an equal magnitude to the flames emitted by the Blades of Exile. The original Blades of Chaos from God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War emitted more flames although did not give the extra damage boost that the Fire of Ares boast. The Fire of Ares yields Gold Orbs when used to burn enemies.
- Level 1 - n/a
- Level 2 - 1,000 Orbs
- Level 3 - 3,000 Orbs
- Ares Fury - A quick combo ending in a powerful explosion - Square, Square, Square, Square
- Plume of Ares - A quick and powerful combo ending in a fiery slam - Square, Square, Triangle
- Rage of Ares - Kratos throws his Blades into an enemy and plants a searing core of fire - R3 + L3
- Rage of Ares (Air) - Kratos throws his Blades into an enemy and plants a searing core of fire - R3 + L3 (Air)
- Destruction of Ares - Kratos summons the fury of fire and slams his Blades into the ground - R2
- Destruction of Ares (Air) - Kratos summons the fury of fire and slams his Blades into the ground - R2 (Air)
- Cyclone of Fire - Kratos spins the chains over his head in a swirl of fire - L1 + Square
- Cyclone of Fire (Air) - Kratos spins the chains over his head in a swirl of fire - L1 + Square (Air)
- Inferno Slam - Kratos slams both chains down creating a fiery explosion - L1 + Triangle
- Inferno Slam (Air) - Kratos slams both chains down creating a fiery explosion - L1 + Triangle (Air)
- The Fire of Ares is the only elemental power in God of War: Ascension that only have 3 levels of power. The remaining ones all have 5 stages of power.
- This is probably because this is the first rage ability Kratos acquires in Ascension and serves as a tutorial for the others: it's the only elemental power in the game that has its rage attack (R3+L3) and its magic attack (R2) already unlocked since its first level, and tutorials are displayed, teaching how to use these abilities, when the Fire is acquired. Since the other rage abilities doesn't have the rage and the magic attacks unlocked in their first levels, they need two extra levels to unlock each one of these.
- It is unknown why Kratos, who just recently was the personal servant of the God of War, has to get this magic from elsewhere.
- In TERA MMO, the Shadow Burst move from the Reaper class is similar to the Destruction of Ares attack. The only difference is that the color is purple, in the form of Dark Energy.