The Efreet (also ifrit, afreet, afrit, or afrite, Arabic (male) ʿifrīt/عفريت or Arabic (female) ʿifrītah/عفريتة) was a demonic fire spirit from Arabian Mythology.
It was classified as an evil type of Djinn or Genie, from a class of infernal jinn (spirits below the level of angels and devils) who were noted for their strength and cunning. Furthermore, Mythology depicted an ifrit as an enormous creature of fire and smoke, either male or female, who lived underground and frequented ruins.
It became evident to Kratos that the Persian King apparently had the ability to summon the Efreet. Kratos took that power from him after he defeated the king at Attica. When it was used, it unleashed the fire spirit which attacked all surrounding enemies. It could also be leveled up, which increased the damage that it did, and received new abilities. It's unclear what happened to it after Chains of Olympus or why Kratos stopped using it.
- Level 1 - N/A
- Level 2 - 3,500 Orbs
- Level 3 - 10,000 Orbs
- Demon Fury - The fiery Efreet slams the ground, burning enemies in a wide radius. R + triangle
- Demon Fury (Air) - Slam into the ground from the air, burning enemies in a wide radius. R + triangle
- Demon Inferno - After slamming the ground, rapidly tap circle to burn enemies for more damage. R + triangle, tap circle
- Demon Rage - Upon performing Demon Fury or Demon Inferno, the Efreet will end the attack with a final slam that does fire damage to all enemies within a massive radius. R + triangle
- Although the Efreet was a creature from Arabian Mythology, the Persian King was able to summon it to aid him in God of War: Chains of Olympus. It should be noted, however, that the Persian Empire conquered most of the North-Eastern Arab territories centuries ago. As such, it was highly likely that the Persian King had captured the Efreet during one of his conquests of Arabia, just like he was able to bring the Basilisk with his Fleet and invaded Attica, even if the Basilisk was in fact a creature from Greek, Roman, and Medieval European Mythology, as the Persians invaded Greece on several occasions.
- The Efreet was the first power that was acquired by Kratos that did not come from the Greek Pantheon.