|“||Your progress is impressive Kratos, but your skills will not carry you to your ultimate goal. I offer you the souls of Hades itself, the souls of the dead, set ready to fight by your side.||”|
The Army of Hades was power that was given to Kratos by Hades, after he slain Pandora's Guardian and acquired the Architect's Son's Head. It allowed Kratos to summon the Souls of Hades, and made them attack his enemies. A player could also level it up to increase the power and amount of the souls. Kratos used a variant of that power in God of War: Ascension when he defeated and acquired the Soul of Hades. Kratos used a variant of that power in God of War II when he defeated the Barbarian King, Alrik, and acquired the Barbarian Hammer. Kratos used a variant of that power in God of War III when he defeated Hades and acquired the Claws of Hades.
Attacks (God of War)
- Army of Hades - Summon the souls of the dead. L2
- Army of Hades (Air) - Summon the souls of the dead in air. L2
- Increased Damage
- Increased Damage
Attacks (God of War: Betrayal)
- Army of Hades. OK
- More Powerful Souls Lev.2
- More Powerful Souls Lev.3
- More Powerful Souls Lev.4
- More Powerful Souls Lev.5
- In God of War II, the Cursed Souls that Kratos could summon with the Barbarian Hammer acted and fought similar to the souls of the dead of Army of Hades, but much weaker.
- In God of War III, the Claws of Hades used many moves that were inspired by the Army of Hades.
- As one leveled up the Army of Hades, the Color and shape of the souls changed: at Level 1, they were yellow and wielded swords, at Level 2, they were orange and wielded axes, and, at Level 3, they were dark red and wielded falchion-like blades. That was probably due to Kratos summoning stronger souls from the deeper depths of the Underworld.
- During the final battle against Ares, after Ares ripped out the Blades of Chaos from Kratos, who then lost all his magical powers, Ares used the Army of Hades to summon souls that then attacked Kratos.
- In God of War: Ascension, the elemental power, the Soul of Hades had a Rage of the Gods Move that was called the Army of Hades, that made the same movements and animation of the original attack in God of War.